About West Virginia View
West Virginia View is a consortium of public, private, and non-profit remote sensing organizations. We are a member of AmericaView.
The West Virginia View consortium has the following objectives:
- Establish the formal linking of, and cooperation between, the major remote sensing organizations in West Virginia, and promote community outreach by these organizations.
- Share existing and purchase additional remotely sensed data (as permitted by data purchase agreements), and develop the remote sensing infrastructure through improved access to data, computer resources, and field equipment.
- Establish a website for promoting remote sensing activities in the state, sharing data, and providing educational resources.
- Host statewide remote sensing conferences and promote awareness.
Click here to explore our data services and access links to other data sources.
Check out our WV Elevation and LiDAR Download Tool.
Click here to access our educational resources.
We support remote sensing and geospatial research. Click here to access a list of our supported research.
Professor Aaron Maxwell, Assistant Professor in the Geology and Geography Department at West Virginia University, is currently the coordinator of West Virginia View. Click here to access his website.
- WVU Geology and Geography Department
- WVU Biology Department
- WV GIS Tech Center
- WVU Natural Resource Analysis Center
- Glenville State College
- Marshall University
- Alderson Broaddus University
- Davis and Elkins College
- West Virginia Wesleyan College Environmental Science Program
- NASA Independent Validation and Verification Facility - Educator Resource Center
- USDA Forest Service's Northeastern Area State and Private Forestry Field Office
- WV Department of Environmental Protection
Aaron E. Maxwell
Assistant Professor/West Virginia View Coordinator
West Virginia University Department of Geology and Geography
141 Brooks Hall
98 Beechurst Avenue
Morgantown, WV 26506